Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Boho Valentine



Geesh, it's been a while since I've posted to this blog. Between the holidays and much of my focus being on other things lately, I've neglected to make time for my non Stampin' Up! goodies.

So that brings me to today's post. This was created for the Split Coast Stampers sketch challenge today. Love all of the layered panels and possibilities with a sketch like this. I've been wanting to use my Cerise designer paper so I thought perhaps it would make a good Valentine card. I think this paper lends itself to a monochromatic card - I had trouble finding anything I wanted to pair with it other than Real Red and Vanilla.

The stamp set is one I purchased a while back from My Favorite Things - Boho Blossoms - there are two large hearts in this set, both are so pretty, but this one was a bit easier to work with since I wanted to make a cut out of it.



Details:
Vanilla Base layered with Cerise dp, Vanilla stamped with small flowers and hearts from the My Favorite Things set Boho Blossoms, heart is from this set too - pretty, huh? Stampin' Up! En Francais and Alphabits sets, retired heart eyelets from SU, hodge podge hardware, large oval, small oval, 1/4" square and photo corner punches all from SU. Finished this off with vanilla grosgrain and a little red organdy with white polka dots.

No comments: