Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Color Challenged?


Then give the SCS Tuesday color challenges a try. They are always a good source of inspiration and I've found myself sometimes creating things I never would have dreamed up without them.

Today I decided to combine yesterdays Technique Lovers Challenge with today's color challenge - the technique was the Jenn box, the colors are River Rock, Rust and Chocolate Chip. For those of you still on the fence with River Rock - you really do have to try it to like it. It's one of those colors that will surprise you, I promise.

This box was simple to create, you can find the directions here .

I stamped my River Rock base with the small flowers from the Fabulous Flowers set using Versamark and River Rock ink. Then I folded and created the box. The large flower was first stamped with Chocolate Chip, then Rust and again in Chocolate Chip. All three layers were cut and affixed to each other with dimensionals. Base flower is highlighted with Crystal effects, the rust is highlighted with Stickles, as is the small Chocolate Chip center. The Happy Birthday is from Everyday Flexible Phrases and the oval frame is from the Stampin' Up! Hodge Podge kit. The box is closed with the wide Chocolate Chip satin ribbon from the SU Holiday Mini Catalog.

I think this will make a pretty gift box for a special fall birthday girl!

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

So pretty! I really love the colours!